Thursday 22 November 2012

Target Audience (My Reader Profile)


My target audience will mainly be both males and females from the age 17-45, however, because I will be using a female on my front cover as my model then I will probably attract mostly female audiences as the colour schemes will probably be reds/pinks that will attract female readers more than male readers. The reason I am doing such a wide age range is because I want to attract readers who were around at the time this music was popular and can really appreciate it and will enjoy both the 60s rock music side of it and the modern rock side of it as well. I want to do it for a younger male audience so that I can get the readers who are interested in modern rock (such as Foo Fighters and U2) and if they buy my magazine it could get them interested in the 60s rock music as well (bands like The Beach Boys and Cream). 
The reason I want to do both these time eras is because many people know of popular bands from the 60s such as The Beatles, but are not aware of all the other bands that were around at that time, and if they enjoy The Beatles then they will enjoy  other music from that time as well, but I realise that if I only did 60s rock then I would not attract a very wide audience as it is quite a niche audience, therefore, by joining 60s and modern rock together it will attract many different audiences.
I will feature both modern rock and 60s rock on my front cover to attract both of these audiences, for example, I will place my model in a sixties style pose (maybe based around the iconic 60s theme such as Twiggy or patterned clothing that really stands out- that will represent the psychedelic theme of that time).

No comments:

Post a Comment