Thursday 8 November 2012

Identify and Explain Choice of Genre

I decided to chose rock music as my genre because I enjoy this music. I want to do rock music that people might have forgotten about and I want to make people aware of it. So I want to include Rock Music in general but I want to focus it mainly on rock music from the 60s. By doing both of these eras I can include modern rock bands that people may have heard of and by including both modern rock and rock from different time periods I can make people more aware of this music.
I believe that by doing this genre of music I could get a wide range of people who would want to buy this magazine, because it will attract the people who enjoy rock music and it will also attract the older generations who were around when the 60s rock music was popular. I particularly enjoy The Beach Boys as I enjoy their surf rock theme that they have- one of my favourite songs is 'Surfin USA': The Beach Boys- Surfin USA . I want to make people more aware of these bands that I believe are really good and allow people to listen to them when they may not have listened to them before. I want to do the rock genre because I find that in our generation, music such as pop, R'n'B and heavy metal are taking over the music industry, and the older generation of people still enjoy rock music. But because not as many people are making rock music (more people are going towards the indie rock genre) people are forgetting about all the good rock bands that are out there. So by doing rock genre (and by choosing to do it from different eras such as the 60s) I can get more people interested in this genre like people used to be.

Other bands that I enjoy and will use as inspiration for my music magazine are:


No comments:

Post a Comment